Inside Background

Food Service

Triennial Wellness Policy Assessment and Report 
Federal regulations at 7 CFR 210.31 requires School Districts participating in the National School Lunch Program to complete an assessment of their local School Wellness Policy at least once every three years, and make the results available to the public. This triennial assessment must measure the implementation of the local School Wellness Policy and include:
  • The extent to which schools under the jurisdiction of the LEA are in compliance with the local School Wellness Policy;
  • The extent to which the District's local School Wellness Policy compares to model local School Wellness Policies; and
  • A description of the progress made in attaining the goals of the local School Wellness Policy.
Below is the NKASD Triennial Assessment Report that was completed in December 2023 to meet the requirements of federal regulations.
Click the link below to access the District Menu. 

USDA Non-Discrimination Statement

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.


Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.


To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online  at:, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

  1. Mail:U.S. Department of AgricultureOffice of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights1400 Independence Avenue, SWWashington, D.C. 20250-9410; or
  2. Fax:(833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or
  3. Email:[email protected]

 This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

If you are in need of meals for your child, please contact the food service director, Madeleine Weinel, at extension 1035 or by email at [email protected], or contact the food service secretary, Diane Klugh, at extension 1034 or by email at [email protected]. Thank you!
Please visit the Employment Opportunities Tab to learn how to become a Cafeteria Substitute. 
New Kensington-Arnold School District's food service department recently received a generous grant through No Kid Hungry. Follow the link below to learn more about No Kid Hungry. 

Food Service is provided by Nutrition Inc.

Summer Food Program

Some local agencies offer a Summer Food Program.  Below are some helpful questions and answers about the Summer Food Program:

What is the Summer Food Service Program?

The Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) is a federally-funded, state-administered program. The SFSP reimburses providers who serve healthy meals to children and teens in low-income areas at no charge primarily during the summer months when school is not in session.

Who does the Program serve?

The SFSP serves children and teens age 18 and younger.

Where is my closest Summer Food Service Program Site?

Call the National Hunger Hotline at 1-866-3-HUNGRY or 1-877-8-HAMBRE to find a meal site near you.  You can also visit to search for a location online or use the site locator for smartphones –

Where can I find more information about hunger, get involved, or donate?


Madeleine Weinel
Food Service Director

[email protected]

724-335-4401 ext. 1035


Diane Klugh

Foodservice Secretary

[email protected]

724-335-4401 ext. 1034