Volunteering at New Kensington-Arnold School District
Procedure to Volunteer
- Anyone that would like to volunteer at New Kensington-Arnold School District will need to do the following items:
- Fill out the Volunteer Packet to be approved by Building Principal. Volunteer Packet includes:
- Volunteer Application
- Volunteer Code of Conduct
- Confidentiality Agreement
- Submit Clearances obtained within 1 year to Building Principal (Administration Office will keep a copy).
- Once the Building Secretary has the above items they will submit the applicant’s name to the Board/Superintendent Secretary to be placed on the School Board Meeting Agenda for approval to volunteer.
- Building principal will determine specific Volunteer Times for each building.
- Each building will set up specific “Volunteers Work Areas” where teachers will leave projects and work that they would like the volunteers’ to help with.
- If volunteers are working with students to reinforce basic skills, they will work in the hall way while the area is being monitored by security.
- Will not be assigned to a Teacher but will be assigned a grade level or a floor.
- Volunteers are not permitted in the classroom during instructional time.