Kindergarten Registration -
NKASD is now accepting kindergarten registration packets via email.
- Download, fill in, and SAVE the completed enrollment packet below.
- Email the saved version of your document to [email protected]
- You will be contacted by the school to schedule a time to complete your child's registration.
- Gather required documentation for your appointment.
If you have questions you can call Martin Elementary School at 724-335-4641
Preparing for Kindergarten…
10 suggested kindergarten readiness skills, that the Kindergarten teachers developed, be aware that this list is just a recommendation of readiness skills, not skills that all incoming Kindergarten students must be able to do.
- Your child should be able to recognize his/her name and spell/print his or her first name.
- Help your child learn to recognize the letters of the alphabet. (Use cereal boxes, magnetic letters, and blocks.)
- Practice holding, as well as proper use of pencils, crayons, and scissors.
- Help your child to recognize the 8 basic colors (red, blue, yellow…)
- Help your child to recognize basic shapes (square, circle, rectangle, triangle, oval, diamond)
- Rote count with your child (1, 2, 3 to 10)
- Practice counting objects to 10 (cereal, blocks, other toys)
- Practice following a series of directions.
- Your child should practice skipping, hopping, and walking up and down stairs
- Help your child to button, zip, tie, and snap his or her own clothing.